Slobodan Markovic on Mon, 3 May 1999 23:27:57 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> slobogram 050399 [digest]: A Just War; How far?

Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 19:47:31 +0200
From: Slobodan Markovic <twiddle@EUnet.yu>
Subject: A Just War

>There is such a thing as a just war. By SUSAN SONTAG

>The Milosevic Government has finally brought on Serbia a small portion
>of the suffering it has inflicted on neighboring peoples.

    I wonder when will those smart-asses, like Susan Sontag, finally
    understand that:

    THERE CAN BE NO COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CRIMINAL ACT!
    THERE CAN BE NO COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CRIMINAL ACT!
    THERE CAN BE NO COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CRIMINAL ACT!

    EVER!

    This NATO's aggression on Yugoslavia is NOT a just war, it is not
    a humanitarian war, but a dirty war in which civilian targets are
    legitimate targets, not collateral damage! This is not "a war
    against Milosevic", but organized terror over 10 MILLION citizens
    of Yugoslavia! TEN MILLION!

    Just in the past 3 (THREE) days more than 200 (TWO HUNDRED) people
    (I'm speaking only about civilians) were brutally killed in NATO
    attacks! Is it not a mass murder?! AND NATO REGRETS!? REGRETS?!

    Main power plants were targeted yesterday and 5 MILLION people in
    Serbia didn't have electric power for more than 24 hrs! That is
    HALF of all population! Hospitals didn't have power, there was no
    running water, there was no bread this morning (bakeries also
    didn't have electric power). Some areas still don't have!

    Dense civilian area in Valjevo, some 80 kms western of Belgrade
    was attacked last night. Two 10 floor civilian buildings were cut
    in two. One missile TOTALLY DEMOLISHED two surgical rooms of one
    hospital. Totally destroyed oil refinery in Novi Sad was attacked
    again. For the fifth or sixth time, I cannot recall anymore... No
    matter if it cannot work anymore - it must be flattened! Around
    200.000 (TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND) citizens of Novi Sad could not
    breathe without hand-made anti-toxic smoke protection on their
    faces...

    And YES - I AM angry and personally endangered... and not just
    physically... I have dedicated all my life to computer sciences.
    Without that what is left for me to do? And yesterday some idiot
    decided to bomb all the main electric plants in Serbia. When I
    woke up early this morning (around 4 am) I could only sit silent
    in the darkness of my room, the darkness of my city, watching
    darkness on my computer screen! What the hell - the army is using
    electric power, so let's cut it out COMPLETELY, right?!

    THIS IS NO JOKE! Tomorrow will be - the army is breathing air and
    drinking water, so let's poison all of it! Let's kill'em all!

    Alive until next power failure,

            Slobodan Markovic   | http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle
            Internodium Project | http://www.internodium.org.yu