nettime's_indigestive_system on Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:11:44 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> re: query: rape as a war crime

re: query: rape as a war crime
          Lennart Huizing <Lennart.Huizing@e-moti.nl>
          Kathleen A Young <young@CC.WWU.EDU>
          "Sven-U. Burkhardt" <svenbud@ZFN.UNI-BREMEN.DE>
          Nader Hashemi <hashemi@SPRINT.CA>
          Ron Slye <slye@seattleu.edu>

From: Lennart Huizing <Lennart.Huizing@e-moti.nl>
Subject: RE: <nettime> query: rape as a war crime
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:12:27 +0200

Nicola,

In the Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant today I saw an article with a headline
that ran something like: 'Rape is sometimes genocide', that dealt with this
topic. I had no time to read it, unfortunately. However, the article was
most definitely about the International Tribunal.

A standard query through www.hotbot.com (keywords: rape war crime yugoslavia
tribunal, 680 matches) led me to
http://128.220.50.88/demo/hrq/17.4niarchos_outline.html, which offers a
scientific discourse on the status of rape for the International Tribunal.
The article is dated 1995, but should still offer some interesting
background material. Try the query in hotbot. More interesting things turned
up, including several pro-Serb sites.

Good luck,
Lennart