Mentor Cana on Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:44:30 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [kcc-news] SOS: People are dying in Kosova (fwd)

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
               !     READ  &  DISTRIBUTE FURTHER    !
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Kosova Crisis Center (KCC) News Network: http://www.alb-net.com
Kosova Crisis Center (KCC):     http://www.alb-net.com
Kosovapress                     http://www.kosovapress.com/
Kosova Information Center       http://www.kosova.com/

National Albanian American Council
1899 L Street, NW  Suite 1130  Washington, DC  20036
(202) 955-1428    Fax: (202) 955-1429
Email: NAACDC@aol.com

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE			CONTACT: Aferdita Rakipi
April 10, 1999					 (202) 955-1428

SOS:PEOPLE ARE DYING IN KOSOVA

DROP FOOD AND MEDICINE ASAP

Washington - As reported by James Rubin State Department spokesman, who
maintains on-going contact with Hashim Thaci, appointed Prime Minister is
reporting that Albanians trapped by Serb soldiers in the Drenica region are
beginning to die of starvation.

It is important to remember that there are over 1 million people within
Kosova who are on the constant run from Serb paramilitary forces with no
food, water or shelter. Although we understand the concern that food may fall
into the hands of Serb soldiers, the more important immediate risk is that
tens of thousands of people will die very soon if we do not act.

Also, it was reported that Serb soldiers are capturing and raping Albanian
women. In one incident 20 Albanian women were raped and killed.

Therefore, we call on NATO to save the people of Kosova by dropping food and
medicine immediately and to send in ground forces to protect the lives of
innocent women and children.

###

---