Douglas Rushkoff on Tue, 6 Apr 1999 02:25:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Paralysis

Key concepts: Internet Paralyzes

Attention Conservation Notice:  Pure rhetorical bombast, but extremely brief

Links: none
-------------

Could it be that a real war, with real pain and suffering, reveals just how
incapable the Internet and, in particular, online conversations are of
enacting real strategies for helping others?

There's the "who is telling the truth?" thread, the "time will tell,"
thread, the "I wish there was something I could do for the people"
consensus, and then the meta-discussions of which of these threads, if any,
are even appropriate.

All I see is people who'd like to do something and don't understand why
their keyboards can't help them. The only ones who win are the people who
use the medium to confuse and paralyze.

---