Michael van Eeden on Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:49:13 +0100 (CET)

RE: <nettime> net.times, not swatch time

it's even worse: there is a watch called Nettime!

  http://www.swatch.com/internettime/fs_nettime.phtml

Seriously, Isn't this a bit over the top? It is a very smart marketing
ploy, but I don't see any way to take this seriously. Clearly they just
_paid_ CNN to put internet-time on their homepage. As the smallest unit of
time in swatch internet time is about 1.5 minute, and it is based on the
BMT (Biel Mean Time), it is nothing more than a good joke. What if this
had been a project of one of the net.artists? Would it still have been as
suspicious?

Michael

---