Jordan Crandall on Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:38:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Net Criticism 2.0/network extension

Brad brace:

I have no intention of sending a rallying call to anti-intellectuals.
Quite the contrary.

Also: your choice of quotes from my text distorts my position.  I am not
saying that "the intellectual vanguard is in fact a reactionary
force..."  I am only suggesting (as was Ted I believe) that we should be
brave enough to consider that it might be.  It is like using scenario
planning, or developing ways to view things from a different
perspective.

It is truly a nightmare that my position could be taken to fan the
flames of an anti-intellectualism or -historicism that is far more
dangerous than anything I could have imagined.

Jordan
---