John Perry Barlow on Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:25:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Re: Anti-Technoenvironmentism

At 6:04 AM -0400 4/29/98, nettime@Desk.nl wrote:

>Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:04:40 +0100
>From: Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck@v2.nl>
>Subject: Re: <nettime> Re: Anti-Technoenvironmentism
>
>dear moderators,
>
>spare us the flame wars, please.

Really.

I had to leave the WELL because of Gerard's ASCII-Tourette's Syndrome.

Tiresome as this list can be at times, it remains well worth reading, and
reading thoughtfully. If we are to be fed toxic doses of this sort of
thing, I will finally yield to the impulse to unsubscribe.

Even such a naive techno-utopian as myself occasionally reaches a point
where Cyberspace feels like more trouble than it's worth.

Yrs,

John Perry

John Perry Barlow, Cognitive Dissident
Co-Founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation

Home(stead) Page: http://www.eff.org/~barlow

MegaPhone: 800/654-4322

Barlow in Meatspace Today: Chinatown/Little Italy 212/965-1991

Coming soon to: Cambridge 5/6-8, Pinedale, Wyoming 5/8-13, Orlando 5/14,
Paris 5/14-16, New York City, 5/16-19, Fort Lauderdale 5/20, New York City
5/21, Mystic, CT 5/22, Planet Harvard, 5/23-31, Bemidji, MN 6/1, Tanzania &
Other African Etc...

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in
blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to
stop there.

                                         -- Dana Gould
---