David S. Bennahum on Fri, 10 Oct 1997 23:42:19 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> Remaking Social Practices

Dear Nettimers,

I got the following message from Frank Hartmann <hartmann@fsf.adis.at>

>Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 16:14:05 +0100

>Hello David,
>
>further to your <nettime> posting - Guattari is long dead but anyway,
>thanks for the information on Licklider. The Rheingold link to "Tools
>for Thought" does not work on your page. Is there any altnernative?

The updated link for this book, which I strongly recommend you visit, if you're curious about the early history of the Internet, especially its ideological foundations, is the following:

	http://www.well.com/user/hlr/texts/tftindex.html

As for Mr. Guittari's death-- yes, I am aware of his present condition.  But "his" post was sent to Nettime "From: Felix Guattari <felix@another-world.com>" I replied in kind, "To: Felix Guattari <felix@another-world.com>."  Perhaps his ghost is alive in
the machine, or at least somewhere @another-world.com.

best,
db

----- End of forwarded message from nettime maillist -----