Gordon Cook on Sun, 17 Aug 1997 19:54:45 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> Follow up on Garrin from Diana McCarty

Cook: Early yesterday I received the following private mail in reponse to
my post on Friday evening that Garrin was becoming tiresome.

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 18:56:48 +0200
From: Diana McCarty <diana@dial.isys.hu>
To: cook@netaxs.com
Subject: Garrin

Thanks for your post. I've tried for a long time to tell Paul that
his promo material becomes spam and nobody cares if they hear too much.
A rather sad story actually. Name.Space began as a group project. Paul
couldn't wait and did it all alone (and with his secret staff). He has
alienated all that could/would participate and continues to hype himself,
causing the rest of us headaches. I doubt that he will *hear* anything you
have to say, and my guess is that he will ridicule your criticism... but
that's Paul.

ciao,

diana

Cook: yesterday I asked Diana for permission to post the above message
after stipping the headers so as to make it anonymous. Diana replied: