Diana McCarty on Mon, 2 Jun 1997 15:42:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Grzinic- Insider's nettime report

Dear Marina & interested nettimers,

Thanks for the report from the inside, but for the record I should clarify a couple of points. The nettime meeting in Ljubljana was first initiated by Vuk Cosic of Ljudmila at the second ZK in Venice 95'-  when Nettime was conceived.
Vuk, Marko Peljhan and Luka Frelih of Ljudmila organized the event, with the
cooperation of Geert, Pit, and myself with alot of love, support, and food from Mitja Doma, the OSI-Slovenia Internet programs director. (Ljudmila is 100% funded by OSI- but an independent, working project, as I understand it). We also owe thanks to Helena Pivec, who did the magic with the Soros Culture Link program. (about 50 people got funded through this program). The British Council-UK, the Royal Netherlands Embassy, and the Hamburg City Council also sponsored travel for some of the participants. Konrad Becker and Marie Ringler of Public Netbase in Vienna also helped with the travel of Critical Ar Ensemble and Peter Lamborn Wilson- and hosted the post conference Press Conference.
ZKP4 was financed by OSI Slovenia (thanks to Aldo), Press Now, and V2.
(please include them so we can show what great press we got!)

Of course, the major bulk of funding came from different Soros programs-
Great, but kind of scary, NO?

diana

---