Amanda McDonald Crowley on Thu, 22 May 1997 06:13:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> #BeautyEast: IRC

>Friends,
>
>I think I may be speaking for quite a few people on this list - it is
>extremely painful to be receiving these cheerful textual massages [sic]
>about the Ljubljana meeting when you know that the last train that could
>take you there has left, and the airfare is way out of reach (let alone
>when you are an antipodian Europhile).
>
>Let us form a faction of Those Who Stayed Away and meet on the IRC channel
>in secret, outside of the times granted to us by Those Who Are There. We
>have the themes, we have the ideas, and we have the medium.

Good idea, but times suggested and timeframe proposed suck for this
antipodean-without-access-to-the-airfare.  5am has never been a good time
of the day for me?!

>This week, I hate Ljubljana.

I have never been there, and me too already!

>Greetings and fun to the TWATs.

ditto, and to the TWSAs

amc

FROM THE DESK OF THE AUSTRALIAN NETWORK FOR ART AND TECHNOLOGY
anat@camtech.net.au
postal address: PO Box 8029 Hindley Street, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
street address: Lion Arts Centre, cnr Morphett St and North Tce, Adelaide

web address: http://www.anat.org.au/
telephone:  +61 (0)8-8231-9037
fax:   +61 (0)8-8211-7323
Director: Amanda McDonald Crowley   (tel: 0419 829 313)
Administrator:  Brett Spilsbury

Memberships: $A10 (unwaged), $A20 (waged), $A40 (institutions)

ANAT receives support from The Australia Council, the Federal
Government's arts funding and advisory body