Pit Schultz on Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:53:22 +0200 (MET DST)

<nettime> nettime reply_to bozo

Dear Nettime user,

Thank you!  We sincerely appreciate the data you have sent us.

We apologize that we cannot respond to your desire or attention
request personally, as we receive a tremendous amount of mail, but
all of your feedback is being read by more then 300 subscribers
and is carefully deleteted.  Please do continue to send us your
commerical reports, off topic signals, and micropolitical feature
requests.

The adress you sent email to is only meant for pass-through unsolicited
chunks of bullshit and is requesting life-time of other subscribers. If you
would like to ask questions or get help with our problems, please see the
Nettime Junk Support pages at:

      http://www.desk.nl/~nettime/others/offspam.htm

You may also want to send a blank email to "nettime@icf.de" to avoid to
receive the Nettime's General Information sheet, which contains a lot
of useless information about our topics, issues and religous goals.

We hope you will be pleased with the bug fixes and new features in
future releases of Nettime.  Thank you again for your support!

  The Nettime Team

As an additional and free service our new and improved
OK-bot selected the following daily cookie for you:

> E-lists
>
> In most listserver software, the Send-To-yourself parameter defaults to
> send-to-all. This results in pollution of the list by respondents who
> are unaware of the impact of the 'send' function. Many list-managers
> are unaware of the existence of this parameter, let alone its default
> setting. Listservers need to have neo-liberal defaults, and
> list-manager interfaces that walk the 'newbie' list-manager through the
> decisions that they need to make in order to establish a private e-list.
>
> People who wish report their physical existence onto e-lists frequently
> send their messages to the list rather than the administrative address.
> Such messages (whether syntactically correct or not) need to be detected
> by the listserv, and deflected from the list to the list-management
> software and/or the list-manager.
>
> There appear to be limited options between unmoderated and fully
> moderated. Bozo-Filters are needed, such that messages that fail some basic
> filtering tests are deflected to the list-manager for approval. Examples
> of such tests include multiple occurrences of 'flame'-words, occurrences
> of 'spam'-indicative strings (e.g. 'special offer'), attachments,
> length, semantic surveillance and postings by non-subscribers.

if you need hot control please click:
http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/new.html

or try to adress yourself to one of these free bulk lists:
http://www.members.aol.com/rpgtools/rnames/rnames.htm

you can still send your keep-dizzy commandos or XXL brain drains to
zkp4@ljudmila.org and participate in the Grand Nettime Printout!!!

Have a very nice day!

---