alexei on Sun, 6 Apr 1997 11:36:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: <nettime> Art Disarmament Movement

> On April 1st, 1997, Tapio Makela and Akke Wagenaar founded the
> Art Disarmament Movement (http://err.org/ADM)
>
> To join the movement, visit http://err.org/ADM

Masha: Ha-ha-ha, very nice fool's day joke!

Nikolai: Interesting project, have you already submited it for Ars
Electronica?

Alexei: I have a t-shirt with NOT AN ARTIST printed on it (made in USA)
for two years already. Sometimes i put it on when i go to the exhibition
openings...

Vera: Very good - it's started! I am going to join it in order to help
to wash out ground on which powerful art institutions stand. They are
very dependent on us, young and unknown artists because of our desperate
desire to be recognized within them. Without our attention they will
collapse very soon! Thanks to Internet, we can now openly discuss these
issues and - most important - ACT!

Ivan: I think that on the net any activity can be considered as art. You
can call it net.art, net.*, not art or art disarmament - doesn't matter.
Internet is unite, we will never get rid of each other (as well as of
art insitutes!) here because of the hyperlink system. So if you want to
give up art - give up Internet first!
---