John Horvath on Mon, 20 Jan 97 13:52 MET

nettime: Re: your mail

On Thu, 1 Jan 1970, Tamas Bodoky wrote:

Wow! Talk about time travel!

> John,
>
> you are wrong, and you are completely misunderstanding and misinterpreting

This is your opinion.

> my potsdam speach. I wonder how could Telepolis publish this without my
> original text, i will send it them immediately. Post this stuff on

They don't have to. I was writing the criticism, not them. It is like any
paper or article; if all works had to publish simontaneously the works
they referenced, then each small academic paper of 10-20 pages would end
up being about 1000+ pages. Lord knows how long a fully documented book
would turn out to be.

> europe-online or nettime and i will argue against it. Please try to focus
> on real issues because my written english is not the point imho. BTW: Are

Who said your English was the point? If you are talking about the [sic]
comments I put in, they are standard academic procedure to show the reader
that what I was quoting was the original, and the mistakes that are found
has nothing to do with me or their computer. It has nothing to do with
criticizing your English, either. You may write in English how you wish. I
am sure I make mistakes as well, and don't mind if these are pointed out.

 > you affiliated with the Soros Foundation in any way?

No, not at all. In fact, I am sure some Soros people might be a little
angry with me about an article I wrote criticizing them. Please check
Telepolis for the article entitled "The Soros Network".

> Let's start a flame war ;-)

Well, if you must. But I prefer to do it on grounds of constructive
criticism and logical analysis rather than emotional whims. If you are
interested in merely an emotional barrage of text, forget it. Please
criticize my article by pointing out the inconsistencies and adding any
new facts that I have left out or may have overlooked. I am open to new
ideas and learning about things. My interest is to get at the truth as
close as possible, not to prove myself right at all costs.

Bye for now,
John

PS: When including text, please only include those that are necessary. For
instance, in the mail I received from you I had a copy of my article. It
is a little annoying and time consuming going over and deleting
unnecessary text.