John Perry Barlow on Fri, 12 Apr 96 13:28 MDT

Re: nettime: Welcome

I've already said what I think about this. It's encouraging to hear someone
else ask the question rather than slam, once again, my (extremely
speculative) answer. I would recommend that anyone who offers his/her own
answers do so with a clear awareness of how much abuse s/he is likely to
take for advancing an opinion.

Yrs,

John Perry

John Perry Barlow, Cognitive Dissident
Co-Founder, Electronic Frontier Foundation

Home(stead) Page: http://www.eff.org/~barlow

Message Service: 800/634-3542

Barlow in Meatspace Today: London

Coming soon to: Orlando 4/15, Honolulu 4/16-21, Pinedale, Wyoming 4/22...

In Memoriam, Dr. Cynthia Horner and Jerry Garcia

Is it a fact - or have I dreamt it - that, by means of electricity, the
world of matter has become a great nerve, vibrating thousands of miles in a
breathless point of time? Rather, the round globe is a vast head, a brain,
instinct with intelligence!

       --Nathanial Hawthorne, Preface to The House of 7 Gables