JSalloum on Fri, 10 Nov 95 08:11 MET

An antidote

Three Eulogies:

From: Elias Davidsson
Subject: Yitzhak Rabin: An Eulogy

Communique to those concerned with truth, honesty and justice

Regarding the death of Yitzhak Rabin, Israel's Prime Minister

On Saturday 4. November 1995 an extremist Zionist assassinated Israel's
Prime Minister, Mr. Yitzhak Rabin, in Tel Aviv. The murderer claimed that
Mr. Rabin was a traitor to the Jewish people and should be killed.

Within hours after Rabin's death, a massive and world-wide disinformation
campaign was launched extolling Mr. Rabin as a great statesman and
commending him for his will and courage to make peace with the
Palestinians.  European and American politicians vied with each other to
sing the praise of Mr. Rabin for his statesmanship. Once again the media
failed to make the distinction between propaganda and news, between facts
and phantasy. Once again the media became a mere tool in the hands of
powerful interests.

While the event of the assassination was clearly dramatic and sensational,
one of the less noticed sequels of this event was the closure by the
Israeli army of the Gaza strip. The word 'closure' does not convey though
the nature of such action. What it entails is that 800.000 people, men,
women and children, are closed off from the outside world behind barbed
wire in what is the largest ghetto of the Middle-East.  The closure was
reported in some media - in small letters though. No one connected this
closure with the policies of the late Mr. Rabin, his Zionist ideology, his
participation in ethnical cleansing. No one dared to put things in
proportion:  On one hand the assassination of one old person who has in his
lifetime harmed hundreds of thousands of people and on the other the
collective punishment of 800.000 people for one sole reason: They are
Arabs.

For the sake of completeness it is worthwhile to mention here the fact that
Israel is entitled, according to the 'peace' accords Mssrs. Rabin and
Arafat signed between themselves, to close off the Palestinians in their
ghettoes whenever they wish. Thus, Israel routinely closes the Palestinians
in their 'homelands' whenever the Israeli public demands it: In high
holidays and in days of mourning. The 'peace' we are witnessing is the
peace between the ruler and the ruled, not that of two equal partners. Such
peace cannot last and will not last.

                        EULOGY

Yitzhak Rabin was a uncompromising Zionist since his youth. He never
strayed from his Zionist ideals. Those who accuse Mr. Rabin of treason
against the Jewish people, do it either in bad faith or they are just
hallucinating. Mr. Rabin obtained, with perseverance and the full backing
of the United States' administration, what no other Zionist leader until
then could obtain: The official recognition of Israel by Arab states and
the PLO leadership, the end of the Arab trade boycott against Israel, the
continuation (in a new form) of Israel's de facto sovereignty over all of
Palestine, the control by Israel of Palestinian land and water resources,
the end of the Intifada, the dismantlement of the PLO and the liquidation
of the Palestinian refugee question. The dismal financial situation of the
PLO, after the Gulf war, provided Israel with the opportunity to deal a
deadly blow to Palestinian aspirations. This was the biggest victory
obtained by the Zionist movement since its inception.

Yitzhak Rabin was a committed Zionist, little prone for sentimentality and
compassion. He did not hate Arabs. For him the presence of Palestinians
constituted merely a negative factor for the realization of a secure and
strong Jewish state. This factor had to be eliminated or neutralized. Mr.
Rabin did not hesitate to use any means to achieve these purposes. No
Israeli, living or dead, has ever reached the extent of Mr. Rabin's crimes:

- In 1948 Mr. Rabin ordered his soldiers to expell all the inhabitants of
Lydda and Ramleh from their homes, about 50.000 people. As the inhabitants
were not willing to leave on their own accord, a few massacres and some
rapes, convinced them to leave. On their march to exodus, many more died.

- In 1967 Mr. Rabin ordered the Israeli army to expell the inhabitants of
three villages near Latroun (Emwas, Nuba and Beit Yalou) and blow up their
homes. These 10.000 people were never allowed to return, build their homes
or even bury their dead on the former villages' land.

- In 1988 Mr. Rabin ordered Israeli soldiers to break the limbs of
Palestinian youngsters by systematic blows as an extra-judicial and
immediate form of corporal punishment to deter them throwing stones on the
occupation forces.

- In 1993 /only two years ago !!), Mr. Rabin ordered the Israeli army to
carpet bomb South-Lebanon with the aim to provoke the flight of about half
a million people from their homes, to depopulate the targeted area.

All the above actions are classified as war crimes in international law. It
is the duty of all signatory states of the Geneva Conventions of 12 August
1949 to prosecute any individual responsible for such acts. The fact that
prosecution has not taken place has little to with lack of evidence but
with the lack of morality and political will.  Mr. Rabin's deeds are
comparable with those attributed to the Bosnian Serbs and for which an
UN-sponsored war crimes tribunal has been established.

Mr. Rabin was never willing to discuss publicly his participation in the
above deeds. His strong political position, including a full support of
several US administrations, has precluded any international action to bring
him to trial.  He has thus avoided trial and could ignore with impunity all
charges levelled against him in the press.

It is perhaps ironical that it was a committed Zionist who assassinated
Yitzhak Rabin, but this should not come as a surprise. Zionism was at all
times a ruthless, inhuman ideology and enterprise, which placed racist and
nationalist ideology above the rights of individuals. But while
Labour-Zionism reserved racist and inhuman practices to non-Jews, the more
extreme form of Zionism - often termed Revisionism -  did not spare Jews
>from physical assault, if they were considered lax on Arabs. From the point
of view of Palestinian Arabs, the difference between the two main segments
of Zionism is merely a matter of taste: Both have aimed and aim at the
liquidation of Palestinian nationalism and the final dispossession of
Palestinians.

Now that Yitzhak Rabin cannot harm anybody any more, it is incumbent upon
Israelis to face squarely his true life story, including his participation
in war crimes. It is important to make Israelis aware that facing the
criminal past of their leaders does not implicate them of criminal
complicity. The Zionist leadership has systematically repressed public
knowledge about this dark record. Most Israelis are not aware of the nature
and extent of crimes  committed by their leaders. The victims of these
crimes still await at least an apology from the Israeli public for these
crimes and some form of moral and material compensation.

The duty of all well-intentioned people is to uphold principles of justice
and truth. The agreements made between the Zionist regime and Mr. Arafat
under conditions of coercion are a travesty of justice and truth. They were
concluded without consulting the principal victims of Zionism - the
inhabitants of the occupied territories and the Palestinian refugees. They
therefore cannot lead  to real peace but to further alienation and
conflict. Those who stood by the Palestinian people during their years of
struggle, should continue to do so, until the inalienable rights of the
Palestinian people, reaffirmed year after year by the General Assembly of
the United Nations, are fulfilled.  There is no alternative to justice. And
only justice can lead to a lasting peace.

Elias Davidsson
Oldugata 50 - 101 Reykjavik - Iceland
Email: elias@rvik.ismennt.is
WWW-URL:  http://www.ismennt.is/hop_einst/elias/Welcome.html

Greetings

It is with anger and shame that I hear talk about condolences concerning
Rabin's death.  With anger, I hear him referred to as the  'soldier of
peace' by both Arabs and Israelis.

Have we no memory? Are we so caught up with being 'peace-loving people'
that we are willing to forgive _while_ the crime is still being
committed?? This 'soldier of peace' was the same man who instigated the
'break the bones' policy against the children of the Intifada.  This
'soldier of peace' was the same man who led the carpet bomb attack against
South Lebanon and consequently resulted in 500,000 homeless people and
thousands injured.  This 'soldier of peace' was the very same man who
ordered the death of El-Shaqaqi - and whose people celebrated in the
streets of Tel-Aviv when his death was known.  And just a day before Rabin
was killed, following the orders laid down by this same 'soldier of
peace', an Israeli killed a 15 year old child in the 'Occupied
Territories.'

If we are not to examine the past, if we are to forgive the murders and
thefts of the past, let us not lower ourselves to the extent that we
forgive the murders of the present.  This man was no soldier of peace.  He
was a terrorist from the start.  I send no condolences nor any sympathy to
the people of Israel.  [Why should I send any condolences, anyhow, to the
people who are occupying our land and killing our people??]

I am not surprised over Rabin's assasination.  It is only  natural that
sooner of later the Israeli bullet that is trained to kill Palestinians
and Lebanese and Syrians, be used against an Israeli.  Every day our
people, the true soldiers of peace, are killed and the world remains
silent and continues to look upon us as the instigators and the criminals
as the peacemakers.

 I am indifferent to his death, and am only concerned about what is to
come - who will come next, and how will the actions affect our future.
But sadness over the death of a terrorist, over the death of an Israeli
general and leader, over the death of a zionist? No - only sadness over
the reaction from my own people.   Walla zaman - today an arab leader
[king hussein] cries over the death of the very man who occupied his
land, and says it was the saddest of his life - this 'death of a friend
and colleague'.  Walla zaman...  3areyet Duraid Laham, "mu na'esna ela
shuwaet karamee, bas"

I am enclosing an article from a friend concerning Rabin's 'legacy of
peace'. He goes into more detail about this man who was loyal only to the
zionist legacy.

salamat - wo men qalbee salamun lil watan el-mazloom
-Rania Masri

--------

Subject: Rabin Assassination, Hypocrisy, and Media Tricks
From: teran@generation.net (teran)
Date: 9 Nov 1995 02:11:39 GMT

The media proclaiming "A Jew killing a Jew" like it has never happened
before.  The history of the Jews is full of Jews killing Jews.
Baasha killed Nadob
Jehu (the king, not the prophet) killed Joram
Joash had the prophet Zechariah killed
Joash's own servants turned on him for killing Zechariah.
And of course there is no mention of all those Jews who were stoned to death
by Jews for breaking the Law.

It's all media propaganda to influence public opinion and to meld together
public support to oppose those who oppose government.

Don't be fooled by the politicians looking like they are the champions
of peace.  They are the ones who created wars, starvation and chaos!
Did anyone count how many times the word "peace" was mentioned in Rabin's
eulogy?  It was like they were trying to hypnotize you.  Peace, Peace,
Peace...we created wars then we bring peace.  We are great.  We look
important (or at least the media reports us as such) but we do nothing
except create disorder, wars, and then bring...Peace, Peace, Peace.
Are you hypnotized yet?

Or how about all those attacks on the White House or the knife wielding
intruder who broke into the house of the Canadian PM just last weekend
in attempt to kill him.  Well,...they all have a "history of mental
illness."  So says the media and the legion of government psychiatrists.
What are we in Red China or Communist Russia? -- where anyone who opposed
the state was automatically diagnosed as mental ill and locked up in an
insane asylum or prison.  It is the politicians who are insane by the
definition of insanity itself!

-teran-

  "Government was intended to suppress injustice, but its
  effect has been to embody and perpetuate it.
  All government corresponds, in a certain degree, to what the
  Greeks denominated a tyranny.  The difference is that, in
  despotic countries, mind is depressed by an uniform
  usurpation; while, in republics, it preserves a greater
  portion of its activity, and the usurpation more easily
  conforms itself to the fluctuations of opinion."
      William Godwin