John Preston via Nettime-tmp on Tue, 13 Jun 2023 18:21:43 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Direction of Travel

I've opened a ticket at Riseup, since they do not have an email contact for queries quite like this. Here is the link: https://support.riseup.net/en/ticket/rzvqIDXXFk7GJzO3

And the body, hope this is OK! 😊

Hello Riseup Collective! 👋

The nettime mailing list is looking for a new host and I suggested in a meeting today that Riseup might be a good place to migrate to.

nettime dates back to 1995 and is a space for discussing intersections of art, technology, networks, media, research, politics, and practice. The list is currently around 2000 subscribers, and up to 200 messages/day (but certainly not every day!)

We are looking to migrate our list to a provider like Riseup, where we align on values, and where we don't have to manage all of the complexities of modern email systems by ourselves!

Would you be open to taking on hosting for our list? Ideally we would also want to migrate our archives as we feel they are an important archive of net history.

More info on our list here: https://nettime.org/

Thanks,
John (they/them)

13 Jun 2023, 17:03 by nettime-tmp@mail.ljudmila.org:
Thank you Christian for organizing and facilitating these meetings and all for formulating the sustainability of Nettime.

Glad to meet people at today's gathering and look forward to future travel.

best
allan