Donatella Della Ratta on Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:15:07 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> invitation to join Female Biophilia 9 Feb 6.30pm CET

Dear nettimers
even if with a very short notice I'd like to invite you to join 'Female Biophilia', a talk organized by our Communications and Media Studies Department featuring biohacker artist Giulia Tomasello
Find more  details below, live streaming is at https://www.youtube.com/live/O4SFIPbTN8M
cheers, donatella

Donatella Della Ratta
twitter @donatelladr

You are cordially invited to the second event of the Communication Department's Digital Delights and Disturbances series,  "Female Biophilia as Inclusive Innovation". This event will be run by interaction designer Giulia Tomasello and will take place on Thursday, February 9th 2023 at 6:30 PM in the Aula Magna (Guarini Campus).

ABOUT THE LECTURE:

Giulia Tomasello is an interaction designer committed to female intimate care and its innovation. She is the co-founder of ALMA(al-ma.org) where design, science and anthropology are combined to co-create tools for a radical cultural change in women*'s bodies. She also runs her teaching platform called Coded Biophilia (codedbodies.com) designed to learn the basics of soft wearables and explore biological textiles. The Female Biophilia lecture on the 9th will explore the above themes and practices and create an opportunity to question how we are changing the way we interpret and question the world, biologically and socially. It poses the urgent question of whether it is time to choose how we want technology to enter all aspects of our lives.

3D6_Spring23_Tomasello_final (1).png