podinski on Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:40:08 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> speaking of planetary crises., C-KINO at #37c3 ( in Potsdam )

Dear arts and praxis friends,

Speaking of planetary crises ...

We try to imagine if the technodystopianly fucked-up future can be rewritten by artivism ( and other applications and embodiments and praxagora )

The XLterrestrials group are preparing our 95th ! episode of CiTiZEN KiNO for one of our favorite socially+politically engaged events of the year. Chaos Congress ( #37c3 ) is this year becoming increasingly decentralized, and being hosted simultaneously in multiple cities + locations from Dec. 27-31.

We will present 2mrw ( DEC 29 / 22:30 CET ) in Potsdam at a cultural center called Freiland:

CiTiZEN KiNO #95: Organisms vs. Automatons ( revisited ) for #37C3

About : In brief. this is to analyze the situations and our current times and inspire ways in which we might save all our futures from the techno-colonialist + hyper-industrialist trajectories that are wrecking our only inhabitable planet at a terrifying pace... and should be mentioned, is creating incredibly dangerous + low-grade + utterly stoopid environments for all living organisms. In order to survive and thrive, to evolve and collaborate, we might need to put the urgent matter under the macroscope, and come back down to the critical terrestrial zones.

This clip from the BBC's 2mrw world series kind of makes a good trailer / sneak preview for what the XLt will attempt to lure into the screened light for the tech sector workers, and whoever else, to consider and hack anew:

"1966: ( UK ) Children imagine life in the year 2000 | Tomorrow’s World | Past Predictions"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS8xX3usi4c

Comments welcomed ! We can possibly feed it into 2mrw's IRL C-Kino social gathering + discussions + debate + brainstorming.

LiveStream of our event is possible, but cannot be confirmed at this time.

More Info + Updates Here:
https://mobilize.berlin/events/89534cfa-9e15-427a-9af0-25716f1d9923
Full " Reconnect to Chaos " program:
https://pretalx.c3voc.de/jev22/schedule/

https://cfp.ccc-p.org/rtc22/

Other 37c3 events in Btropolis:

Hackers in Parallel:

https://hip-berlin.de/

https://chaos.social/@HIP22

happy holidays or unholidays !

whichever one ya got... or both !

and "guten rutsch" into the new year !

podinski

arts + praxis activities at CiTiZEN KiNO and Globalista Radio Kit and the XLterrestrials group

on mastodon: @podo@mastodon.social

@podrescu ( for who knows how much longer )

and on Tgram too, w/ an XLT News Channel ( ask us )