Vesna Manojlovic on Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:51:30 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Extinction Internet

Dear Geert, all,

On 24/11/2022 17:39, Geert Lovink wrote:

> We need tools that decolonize, redistribute value, conspire and organize.

I admire your work on this, and will study it later, for in-detail response.

Right now, quick contributions, that I think resonate with the "Extinction Internet" :

* my "paper" submitted for the upcoming workshop by Internet Architecture Board on “Environmental Impact of Internet Applications and Systems": https://www.iab.org/activities/workshops/e-impact/ , calling for implementing Solidarity, Limitations, Reparations as 3 principles for (technical) Internet Governance:

https://wiki.techinc.nl/File:BECHA_Internet_Infrastructure_and_Climate_Justice_IAB.pdf

* my article "Towards Climate Justice in Tech", practically a report from four events related to "Sustainable Web", "green tech" and "social responsibility" , and at the same time a call for moving away from endless growth, fossil fuels, extractivism and techno-solutions :

https://labs.ripe.net/author/becha/towards-climate-justice-in-tech/

        (& an image: https://wiki.techinc.nl/File:Three-principles-expanded.png )

* a video recording of my talk at Bits & Bäume: https://media.ccc.de/v/bitsundbaeume-19907-greening-ripe-though-activism-and-empathy-en-

Let's work on this together!