Inke Arns on Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:17:33 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Dodomenta, Diary from Kassel

Thanks, Felix, Jo, and Brian, for your observations —

for those who read German (those who don’t can get it machine translated), here’s a very interesting article by Joseph Croitoru, historian, who looks into the details of the „Tokyo Reels“ —

"In Kassel, a well-known snowball effect has just started again. This time it concerns the project Tokyo Reels by the Palestinian collective Subversive Film. As in previous rounds, in the case of the film series the critics had apparently not bothered to find out any background information - nor, it seems, had the panel of experts convened to deal with the anti-Semitism scandal. (…)

https://www.hna.de/kultur/documenta/pauschale-vorwuerfe-so-nicht-haltbar-91789526.html

Also, the interview with Tania Bruguera (again, in German) in the art magazine Monopol is worth reading:

https://www.monopol-magazin.de/interview-tanja-bruguera-documenta-kuba-instar-antisemitismus-debatte-wir-kuenstler-wurden-nicht-fair-behandelt

All the best, Inke

www.hmkv.de