Marcela Okretič on Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:57:11 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> New Extractivism 3/4: DISNOVATION.ORG

Dear friends,

I would like to share with you some contents from Nicolas Maigret and Maria Roszkowska's visit to Ljubljana last week:

New Extractivism 3/4: DISNOVATION.ORG

aksioma.org/life.support.system

How can we meet the energy and material needs of our collective future without triggering ecosystem collapse?

The third of the four activity strands of the Tactics & Practice #12: New Extractivism programme presents DISNOVATION.ORG research collective. Through a series of activities last week, they presented their speculative research project Post Growth in an invitation to test the limits of technology, politics and our imaginations.

------

ARTIST TALK

Post Growth

The artist talk presents an ongoing project Post Growth that aims to reimagine social metabolism, reconsider the critical dimension of living and material activities of the biosphere, and offer perspectives for a shift away from the over-exploitation of fossil fuels, on which the reproduction of our societies mainly depends today.

WATCH THE ARTIST TALK

------

PUBLICATION

Dušan Kažić interviewed by Clémence Seurat

No One Has Ever Produced Anything

PostScriptUM #42

The misconception that humanity cannot live without production is deeply rooted in our societies and has the status of common sense. In the interview, plant anthropologist Dušan Kažić invites us to imagine agriculture and a world without production. We need a new type of materialism, he says, that does not neglect other beings.

READ THE INTERVIEW

------

EXHIBITION

on show at Aksioma Project Space until 20 May

Life Support System is one of the Post Growth prototypes. This installation consists of one square meter of barley, artificially grown in a closed environment. All inputs such as water, light, heat and nutrients are measured and publicly displayed. This experimental farm brings to light the incalculable demands of conventional agriculture for ecosystem services that we expect to be available for free.

WATCH THE LIVE STREAM FROM LJUBLJANA

------

Production: Aksioma – Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana, 2022

In collaboration with:  ALUO – The Academy of Fine Arts and Design of the University of Ljubljana & MGML / Cukrarna Gallery

Part of the series: Tactics & Practice

Supported by: Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia & Municipality of Ljubljana

The Life Support System project was produced by iMAL (BE) in co-production with la Biennale Chroniques (FR).

------

Marcela Okretič
Aksioma - Institute for Contemporary Art, Ljubljana