Donatella Della Ratta on Mon, 21 Feb 2022 10:20:10 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Digital Delights & Disturbances Spring ‘22– Lecture series

Hi Nettimers
sharing the program of our Digital Delights and Disturbances lecture series SP22, hope to see some of you 'there'
best Donatella

Donatella Della Ratta
twitter @donatelladr

*Digital Delights & Disturbances Spring ‘22*– Lecture series

Presented by: JCU Media and Communications speaker series

Big data, artificial intelligences, algorithmic prediction: are these
the solutions to the problems affecting our unstable societies or more
sophisticated forms of social control and compliance to the powers that
be? Is there any way out from the digital neoliberal realism within
which we live? Are there ways to imagine data that are not extractive
and abusive, A.I.s that are relational and not intrusive, or a domain of
the digital that is not just limited to the ‘social’ of social media?

23^rd of February 2022 – 6pm CET (hybrid on campus and zoom)

*Memesthetics. The digital image as a network*

Valentina Tanni

10^th of March 2022 – 6.30 pm CET (zoom)

*NFTs and Blockchain culture*

Felix Stalder

Geraldine Juàrez

Andrea Baronchelli

16^th of March 2022 – 6.30 pm CET (zoom)

*The emergence of algorithmic solidarity*

Tiziano Bonini

Emiliano Treré

Please rsvp at ddd@johncabot.edu <mailto:ddd@johncabot.edu>