Marine DaughterOfthePirate on Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:23:58 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> art and corporate control

Hi Molly,

i am me too always amazed at the way work redistribution (division du travail, see Plato Republic or Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith for inst.) entices some people to create little devicery, tools (called concepts) while others are set to create devicery that are handled , or supposed by the conceptualizers to be handled (and their purpose seem indeed to make « their devices » to work « well », smoothly, even if unresponsible to the plans the others might have for the first devices (the one objects of reflexion of the conceptualizers). in the case of this discussion between Brian and Molly on the potential of art to bring new possibles, in the face of control society by corporation and state agents. In my view both corporate and state agents are though hiding under the gize of their own tools (for inst. premptive war, media debunking, non scientific or non experience based science « Expert Commitees » etc) these agents of both corporate militaro industrial conglomerate and state organization are i contend the organizers of the societies of control which Burroughs and Deleuze talked about. The interesting question the conceptualizers are setting to the minds of the lower layers (those who are supposed to be unable to think in advance because we need each other in this division of intellectual labour (cfr Negri?) the artists in this interrogation: will artists be able to develop tools working in cunjuction with the perceived necessities of our times (ie. Control societies, privacy etc). I just want to express my experience as an artist now: this pressure is always either unproductive (like when you have something to say BUT the teacher in art school puts an agenda on your thoughts-work-unconscious intuitive-aesthetical personal agenda that makes it impossible for you to accomplish your own blossoming in it) either destructive: the young artist is actually not an artist (because he does not think by himself) and will just adapt to societies other players (among which « theorists » intellectuals or media).
This is the true Tragedy of our time.
Because it IS true: the lower layers are the true answer to unblock the misery of the present (and future!!) control society. not only the artists, but the any workers who produce the tools to production that are free work and self liberation. the assemblage of tools which theorists and conceptualizer « reflect » upon only in a general view, which is smooth and large in scope and aesthetic in its own assemblage intensities (for the subjectivities) but which has the problem to depotentialise the free work synergy: indeed: reflexion (even when elaborating on art potential for freedom from control societies parameters) blocks and captures, attracts new problems, new knots to stifen into more control: why? because thinking, by your self, is so important in this decodage of control societies, and the theorist absorbs any capacity (captures) of thinking by your self of the other lower layers (lower because reflexion is general and superior in smoothness).

The importance thus for theory in this fight can only be in destruction: destruction of this capacity of some others to captures the « lower » layers capacity to think.

Thats what the 1968 theorist understood: how the intellectuals had been overflown by the situationists and new discovered molecularity of people in the streets of Paris or Bologna to think by themselves, instead than to listen to old school Matxists or Adam Smiths theorists and Experts in becoming or instituted in world forums, internet and media platforms built to please Condoleza Rice and the likes of them.

Thought should not reflect but create, always build new emotions to share with others, new visions, new ideas, in synergies: never dry concept without building some sensual flesh IN YOU as someone given by the Infinite Growing Substance with this wonder: to resist other people meta-verse cancer and think by yourself.

Sincerely, un saludo a todo aquí

Sylvia Jenepi

Message: 1