d . garcia on Tue, 1 Jun 2021 08:54:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Democracy Net Zero

Hi Ryan, yes I take your point that calling Silent Spring 'fiction'
when maybe the word fable might have been more appropriate was a mistake.

I guess this usage followed without enough reflection on from work I
have been doing over the last few years around the idea of 'fiction
as method'
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_fac/cim/events/asif/.
https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/fiction-method

This particularly applied to an exhibition I curated in 2017/18 called
'How Much of this is Fiction'. Which worked with artists whose work
used simulations or hoaxes to satirise or un-veil hidden political
realities.https://www.fact.co.uk/event/how-much-of-this-is-fiction

That said I was probably quite clumsy in the way I characterised
Carson's ground breaking work.

Best

David