Molly Hankwitz on Wed, 12 May 2021 22:11:56 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Google data centre involved in NL land price and wind energy corruption

How to stop predatory capitalism...as Google has been buying up land in the Bay Area to "develop" and as Google buses were parking near state-of-the-sm(art) condos, for convenience, while we demanded they pay for the bus stops they were dominating...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/31/us/google-bus-protest.html

What will be the future....? ....
"Smart" citizens of the Smart World Order
Alphabet in Toronto "experimental" city.
Farm land in the Netherlands.
Sucking up every interstice. That's "Our "Google..."Our" meaning new universal word for "global" and "internationally shared?"
Ugh!
Is G O O G L E on auto-drive? Self-driving capitalism? Capitalism on algorithmic auto drive...
Find those pockets of land on Google Earth...upload link via GPS to database for real estate.
Pay out...
Find it all in your pocket
Find it in your soul?????????? Arrrgh.
Nay!!!...Fie on Google! Fie! Soul sucking machine capitalism. Google Giant. (quack, quack)
Using here...linguists...fiefdom language of yore! Serfs We Are Not...but may be made to be.
Clinging to a commons once more resplendent.
Google World Brain...Is it now "morphed" into Google World...no Brain? Just Google World...
In fact, *we* heard yesterday in a Facebook ad that Google is renaming Earth, from Earth to Google!
Such an obvious morph after Google Earth...just flip it around.
"Earth" renamed as Google. Now that it owns all that land.
You just have to Google Google...giggle...gurgle, gurgle, gurgle...drowning.

Antidote to predatory capitalism Google-style...green thinking....Kate Crawford!!!!
The Atlas of AI, Yale University Press.
Brilliant, brilliant feminist environmentalist theorist/activist!
Way 2 go, Kate Crawford...first Tesla, then Googleverse.
Read. There may be ways out of Googlized garbage dumps.
https://katecrawford.net/
https://youtu.be/tK598gZYwTw