Thomas Keenan on Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:48:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> M.A. in Human Rights and the Arts (Bard/OSUN)

The OSUN Center for Human Rights and the Arts at Bard College is
accepting applications for Fall 2021 in its new M.A. in Human Rights
and the Arts. The program offers an advanced interdisciplinary
curriculum that takes stock of the growing encounter between human
rights and the arts, as fields of academic knowledge, professional
work, and political practice. We aim to stimulate new ways of thinking
about this intersection, to develop new strategies for research and
engagement, and to incubate new relationships between activists,
scholars, and artists.

We are looking forward to inaugurating the program with our first
class of students in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, in September 2021. There
is a May 1 priority application deadline and a June 15 final deadline.
Ample need-based financial aid is available to cover tuition and other
expenses.

Students will have considerable flexibility in designing their program
in order to meet their academic and professional goals and interests.
In addition to rigorous coursework combining core and elective
courses, students are expected to successfully present a
research-based academic thesis or artistic performance/installation as
their capstone project. The program is designed for full-time students
to complete the degree in two years. Our faculty is composed of a
powerful combination of internationally acclaimed artists, scholars,
and other professionals, anchored in an institution with strong
legacies in human rights and arts education and outreach.

Please visit https://chra.bard.edu/ma/overview/ for complete details
about the curriculum, application process, financial aid, and
frequently asked questions. Prospective applicants are welcome to
reach out with questions to me at keenan[at]bard.edu or hra [at]
bard.edu.

Details about the Open Society University Network (OSUN) are available
here: https://opensocietyuniversitynetwork.org/

- Tom Keenan