Stefan Heidenreich on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 18:38:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> what does monetary value indicate?

could it be, that it's a kind of hoax?
Like: two bubbles trying trying to keep each other up by leaning against one another: a fragile bitcoin market on the one side and a dysfunctional art market on the other side.

with the simple idea idea to create those crazy prices and to to lure luring real world money into the game.

and to get back to Florian's initial question:
why not stick with the classic formula:
money comes as a promise to pay - money.
it's a recursive numerical operation under risk.

ontologically speaking: money IS not. but it can always flow once the recursive operation is being intiated. one can try to hoard it. but that doesn't make it a BEING. it may only become operational once it goes back to the flow [in case you find a paying successor to keep the recursion going].