carlo von lynX on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:52:14 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> HODL: the other insurrection

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 07:04:49PM +0100, Felix Stalder wrote:
> A bunch of people -- mostly regarded as fools (QAnons and daytraders) by
> professionals -- storming the citadels of power, coordinated over social
> media, creating havoc in the process.

Oh, good observation!
But does that mean that Anonymous is dead?

There was a time when people would form a force on
weird forum boards such as 4chan, then head out to
bash Scientology, CP sites or corporate wrong-doers.

If today such activity has become so predictable,
manipulatable, steerable… then the only persons
being anonymous are the puppet masters? The new
company names of the Cambridge Analytica actors?
The persons behind the Bannons?

The average member of the population is enraged.
About this or that, there are plenty of reasons to
be. But by becoming object of manipulation, this
person has done the worst it could possibly do to
better its situation.

What happens to BlackRock? Did they get rid of the
Gamestop junk stock now? It's the ideal situation:
create a hype on the Internet and let it be the bad
bank for your junk stock… and whoever participates
simply gets poorer. After all, the valutation may
seem high now… but it still is junk…

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
   //  http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/