Keith Sanborn on Sat, 10 Oct 2020 20:49:38 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Not One

Again the "always already.”

What if fascism is not a mask? The voices of the dead should be listened to.

What if it is?

I will not take a revisionist line, but there is a qualitative and quantitative difference between bourgeois democracy and fascism. They are not identical. In the larger picture or the smaller picture, either wholesale or retail. The problem is that they are in the process of merging: as Debord observed about China and elsewhere: the concentrated and the diffuse spectacle are in the process of merging. They have merged already in China. Internally and externally, the synthesis created in China is a formidable example, NOT to be followed. It should be stopped by any means necessary. But don’t take the sucker punch. The heads of state command much greater resources of physical and psychological violence.

Keith