Dan S Wang on Wed, 7 Oct 2020 19:26:43 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Not One

Though there is much in this exchange to discuss, I'll limit myself to a correction on a peripheral point: it wasn't Mao that sent in the army. It was Deng. As long as we're on the issue of how the US is perceived, how homogenous or heterogeneous it is, &ct, I think it's not such a small thing to correctly note a detail about an event (the '89 social movement) that fundamentally shook a country with almost twice the population of the US and the EU combined, and produced world-changing economic and ecological repercussions.

With you in the political fever,

Dan w.

--

Resident Artist, 18th Street Arts Center
IG: type_rounds_1968