David Garcia on Tue, 9 Jun 2020 15:07:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> the necropolitics of the BLM uprising?

Many Thanks Steve,
and great to see the list being used in this way again.

I’m looking for clarification on whether I am right on a distinction
that I think you are making. Sorry if I am being stupid:

Is a key distinction between
1. an uprising to resist oppression in which (CAE) argue sacrifice
of the innocent is acceptable and
2. the concept of a ‘just war’ (e.g. the Bush/Blaire Middle East wars)
in which, innocent deaths are completely unacceptable ?

If so are there any circumstances in which CAE would support a state
military action or intervention other that as defenders (e.g. WW2).

Would it for example be acceptable for a state to intervene to prevent
genocide? Would that fall under the category of a ‘just war’ which CAE
could never endorse ?

David Garcia