Keith Sanborn on Fri, 5 Jun 2020 18:52:50 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Minneapolis notebook: The terribly complex environment of 2020

Dear Max,

You might want to direct your call for non-violence to the police, who on live tv tossed tear gas into a peaceful protest, attacked journalists and protesters. Or to the police agents provocateurs or to the out of town Bugaloo crowd responsible for a lot of the  destruction. Or to organized criminal gangs taking advantage of the chaos. Or even to the tiny Black Block before implying the protesters were somehow responsible for violence and damage to property. Before deploring violence in blanket fashion, you might want to sort out its precise origins and agents.

Keith