David Garcia on Fri, 8 May 2020 09:43:06 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Hiding behind the Virus

In a twitter discussion with a Brexiter I suggested that we would soon know
whether the Brexit decision had been a wrong or right as the consequences
unfold, his response was highly instructive

"Don’t think there’s a right or wrong, the country will just be run in a different way,
given what’s happened with covid any judgements on the success or otherwise of
Brexit are a long time off to be in any way meaningful.”

This is the perfect insight into the Brexit mindset of Johnson and the other charlatans.
By refusing to ask for an extension to the December deadline they calculate that the
disaster of Brexit will be camouflaged behind the even bigger disaster of Covid, shifting
all hint of blame on to the Virus. It may just work… Cynicism unbound...