lizvlx on Fri, 27 Sep 2019 18:07:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Wash Post: Greta Thunberg weaponized shame in an era of shamelessness

Hi

I hardly ever post - but I need to say that I find it a bit weird to call Greta Thurnberg a work of art - she is a regular human being and just doing what she needs to do. Neither do I see any similarity between Assange and her. Also I dont see why Greta is doing anything directly to the US (but maybe I didn’t quite get what you were wanting to say there).

Btw, as a fellow Aspie - I can tell you that it is customary all over the world to call autistic ppl mentally ill (which is not a derogatory term by itself but in this context a terrible misnomer) - what you are hearing being directed at her, I can hear all the time directed at me and my daughter. So I am not surprised.

Also I do not find the whole movement interesting at all, what I would find interesting, if somebody amongst the adults would mind to sell their car, stop buying preprocessed foods, eat less meat and go organic, stop using air travel when trains are available etc etc, whoa, that would be super interesting.
So maybe less intellectualizing and more personal action.

I say this from the perspective of somebody who used to be an autistic teenager who was usually called a radical eco-communist - because I used to really traumatize ppl because I would recycle our family’s trash, refuse to ride in the car and pick up trash in the park. I understand that these my actions were very hard on other ppl’s feelings - I just didn’t know at the time that ppl are such fragile beings that break when confronted with a liveable truth.

lizvlx