John Preston on Wed, 8 May 2019 21:07:46 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> test / introduction

Hi all,

Just a quick test to see if I can post to the list now. I subscribed a
couple of weeks ago and tried to message before but had issues. Thanks
to Ted and Felix for resolving this. 🙏

I stumbled across the list while trying to find some contemporary
networked art. I've found a few bits and pieces of networked digital art
but I'm really looking for the bleeding edge. I think as artists we have
not fully realised the potential of the Net and the Web yet, as
galleries or media.

It's really encouraging to see this community still active after such a
long time. Looking forward to learning from/with you all.

I'm a developing artist looking to work in a wide range of media, but
with a particular interest in using the Net and Web as media and
gallery, to develop immersive experiences which connect people. I'm
eager to evolve my ideas and work as part of a wider dialogue, so I'm
trying to find the balance between 'the solitary artist' and 'the
socialite artist' as I develop my work.

Sorry for the ramble, currently very sleep deprived.