David Garcia on Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:53:14 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> At last the brexit dividend

A true Democracy: All United in Ignorance-

Despite promises that this would be the ‘crunch week’ when the second “meaningful (HA!) vote"
was to be held. It is looking increasingly likely that despite solumn promises the Olympic level
can-kicker May will again defer the vote replacing it with an indicative vote on a deal already
rejected by the EU!

Total fucking insanity

What madness is this when you are "holding a vote on a deal you wish you had got rather than
one you actually have” (Ian Dunt)

When asked by Dutch friends what is actually happening my reply has become “I know nothing!”
I have found a niche. I inhabit a new democracy of universal stupidity. A true democracy in which
the genius, the (merely) well informed and the utter nincompoop are all equal in total ignorance.

Raise a glass my friends is what we are calling the true democratic dividend of Brxitania in which
all of us know progressively more and more about what we do not know.

your depressed and stupidly obsessed nettime brexit correspondent :-((