The Digital Rights for Citizens online course was launched on January 15th 2019 and was live-streamed from Eurooppasali in Helsinki, Finland. Today, Thursday January 17 2019, at 14:00 UTC (9am ET)an edited version will be restreamed.
VIEW THE LIVESTREAM https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/digirights
During the course, hosted by Open Knowledge Finland (OKF), and funded by the Internet Society (ISOC) and the Finnish Foreign Ministry, students will learn about their new digital rights after the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came in to force on the 25th of May 2018, answering such questions as
– How can I stop irrelevant telemarketing?
– Why and how do companies use my Loyalty Card data?
– How can I find information on how organizations use my data?
– What benefits could I receive if I was able to receive my data?
– What would a society look like where I would be able to transfer MyData as needed?
Join us and learn concrete steps to make GDPR work for you! Know your rights and how to use them!
4 hosted webinars will be held on Tuesdays 22nd Jan, 29th Jan, 5th Feb and 12th Feb. Language will be both in English and in Finnish.
ENROLL FOR THE COURSE HERE: https://digirights.info/enroll-now/
OKP FINLAND MYDATA PROJECT
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/2212888502311686/
TWITTER: #digirights https://bit.ly/digirights