Alice Yang on Sat, 3 Nov 2018 17:00:11 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Complexity and nostalgia

I cannot believe (but can believe) that the discussion has become a typical one of ~Millennials and Gen Z need to grow up already!~ Alexander, your claim that the class oppressed need to study white male academics whose works are only kept in circulation by an echo chamber of elitism such as Hegel and Freud is bewildering.

I’m in favor of the questions Dan posed. We need to redefine class as not separate from race and gender but another component of belief entangled with it.

The revolution isn’t the redistribution of resources (land, money, women) for reownership but the realization of their condition of ownership by the objects themselves (climate change, decolonization, feminism).

Sent from my iPhone