Cornelia Sollfrank on Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:09:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Purple Noise – Gobal Feminist Action Day!

dear nettimers,

everything is running at full speed at this end of the line! we are getting into the final spurt this week: Friday the 28th of September 2018 is approaching!

We are preparing our demo in Esslingen, and of course it would be great if you could be there. And don't forget to bring your own feelers!
We meet shortly before 17.00 at the Bahnhofsplatz in Esslingen.

We do not assume that many of you can join us in Esslingen, but our protest also takes places ONLINE. Make your own poster with the DIY template, go on the streets in your city and send us photos!

Esslingen is everywhere!

And please forward this message to all your friends that might be interested in becoming part of a Dadaist technofeminist action!

In any case, we need your support ONLINE!

See you soon, Cornelia for Purple Noise

PURPLE NOISE – Feminist Noisification of Social Media

Next week the festival Stadt der Frauen (City of Women) will take place in Esslingen, South Germany. We take this festival as an opportunity to launch our project Purple Noise.

Purple Noise is a new global feminist movement and at the same time Fake News. Our manifesto addresses the confused post-political subject and plays with references to Dada and contemporary feminist theory. Inspired by Donna Haraway, we grow feelers! Times of confusion require a new sensorium: expanded perception leads to new forms of kinship and hopefully to a liveable future.

Purple Noise is an experiment that explores the dynamics of social media. Fake news has a reality-generating effect, and fictional popularity, generated by purchased likes and followers, influences the formation of political opinion.

The feeler meme and the iconographic signs of infinite gender variations inspire us to tell and share little stories. These mix as nonspecific disturbances with the noise of social media. What do you do with your feelers? What is the disturbing noise you produce? How can we join forces beyond the despotic rule of algorithms?

•	Read our manifesto, spread it and modify it!
•	Create your own personal feelers, with unique features and make photos or videos of yourself with your feelers!
•	Make your own gender symbols and take out into the streets of your city!
•	Tell personal stories about your feelers, about imaginative gender variations and about how you want to live in the future!

Use the hashtags:
#purplenoise #iusemyfeelers #imakenoise #algorithmicdespotism

Facebook: @purplenoiseup
Twitter: @purplenoise1
Instagram: @purplenoiseup

Let's produce Purple Noise together!

Preliminary climax of the campaign: 28 September 2018 (17.00-20.00 CET)
Demonstration on the streets of Esslingen and online on our social media channels.

Come in droves!

Home: artwarez.org/projects/purplenoise
Esslingen: www.stadt-der-frauen.de
Stuttgart: www.kulturregion-stuttgart.de Manifesto