Patrice Riemens on Fri, 4 May 2018 18:09:04 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Desperately looking for ...

... 'The Six Cirles Movement' ...

BonDi Nettimers,

There must be someone among the 100 orso regular posters and 4000+ nettime lurkers who rememembers a WIRED magazine article somewhere in the 2nd half of the nineties (the hallowed era of "The Long Boom is Here, Got a Problem with That?") which was about a radiant, if somewhat problematic future: there is a fantastic (oeuf corse technology and entrepreneurship-driven ("Generation Equity") brilliant epoch coming up, but ... discontent lingers among the 6 billions orso not partaking in the new wealth. They form a protest movement called The Six Circles - like the Olympic ones, but one more - representing their numbers. Well, painful but necessary - we just gotta nuke'm! (orso). After this purge, the Earth's population is restored to a manageable number, and everybody's living happily ever after.

This dystopia was described - as far as I ccould remember - in a book, actually existing or phantasized by the article's author.

I'd like very much to find this article back. I couldn't. Anyone?
Thanks is advance!

Cheers, p+7D!