Heiko Recktenwald on Thu, 3 May 2018 10:51:03 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> please read - and how can this possibly be combatted?

Am 28/04/18 um 18:34 schrieb Alan Sondheim:

> I do wonder if hate speech isn't precisely the languages of desire? TV
> advertising around here is now based on jealousy and putdowns - buy
> this car and you'll triumph over your neighbors. Just the planting of
> a seed -

Isnt that in the story of the Tower of Babel? Maybe we should read it again.

The human destinity? The Donald and what we thought of him were mostly
reflections of ourselves and maybe it is the same here. One very old
friend very deep in the pop-media-business once told me that fb is the
first usable interface and I started to use it again. Maybe we should be
less pessimistic. What is that "knowledge" of fb? Cant we laugh about
it? And what is new in our "mass-psychology"? What people may do one
day? A question of speed?

There are some problems of dataownership that have mostly to do with
sharing that data. What did Cambridge do wrong? They didnt pay. As if
science would not be free.

Best, H.