Brian Holmes on Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:24:43 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> social media critique: next steps?

On 01/16/2018 05:44 AM, David Garcia wrote:
I continue to put some cautious hope in the rise and rise of an increasingly tech savvy Momentum (the UK Labor Party’s Corbyn supporting outfit) that could become a forum for addressing the power of platform capitalism. As Momentum appears to be squaring the circle of evolving a DIY mediatized politics with an understanding of the importance of also doing infrastructural politics.

From where I sit, Momentum looks like the most interesting political thing happening in the dreeeary Western World. Noting the role that the revived situationist War Game is playing in the Labor Party, and recalling the role that the "California Ideology" has played on Nettime, I would like to say "Kudos to Richard Barbrook!" Maybe somewhere in Richard's notes on futures past, there is still an unsprung future lying in wait for the twenty-first century.

impressive, Brian