mp on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 01:42:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Return to feudalism

On 19/09/17 00:18, Frederic Janssens wrote:
> On 18 September 2017 at 22:28, mp <mp@aktivix.org> wrote:
>

>> and from the thesis where these quotes feature:
>>
>> Interesting. Has this thesis a name, an author, and is it available ?
“Property, Commoning and the Politics of Free Software” (PhD, 2010)

It was published here:

http://www.commoner.org.uk/?p=107

And here:

https://commoning.wordpress.com/essay/

Instead of a license: The words of “Property, Commoning and the Politics
of Free Software” that you can read on your screen or print on paper
belong to everyone. There is only one mind. However, by default they
seem to belong to me exclusively in (copyright) law and in certain
customs. These customs I wish to change. A culture where the word needs
no protection from enclosure should be a minimum demand. Sharing is
caring. If you use substantial parts or make money – ha! – on any of
this, then do please get in touch, and if you forget to refer to where
“your” ideas came from in an academic context, well that’s your problem.
I don’t really believe in that system anyway, so what happens there is
of little interest. Attribution is not only to be nice, but also to
provide links between words with ideas, arguments and other trains of
thought. Think carefully.