thresholdpeople on Thu, 8 Jun 2017 18:04:14 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> A FIELD GUIDE TO THE SNOWDEN FILES > new BG book out now!

   Perhaps I'm missing something, or maybe it's still early and I haven't
   got my head all together yet, but this seems absurd to me.

   Everyone gets another line on their CV, and 35-euros per book goes to
   further the cause of the art world apparatus. I get that publishing
   things costs money, and of course it isn't as bad as what the documents
   describe, but wow.

   Where's the call to release all the documents into the public? Instead
   we get curated interpretation?

   ....And maybe there are good and important things being done by artists
   to combat this described inside the book, but there isn't even a free
   PDF available for those who may not be able to afford this otherwise.

   Seems like business as usual to me.