Morlock Elloi on Sun, 4 Jun 2017 00:05:35 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> merkel, macron: europe on its own

We should also ask who might benefit most from starting one.

The scary part is, many in US and Russia. Few torched wastelands where
industrial areas used to be in the west Europe would be extremely
beneficial for both US and Russian economies, a freebie compared to
the investment - dropping nukes is very cheap. It would also suppress
any dissent from the minor powers for decades to come.

Merger of acquisition between US and RU is the only sensible outcome
in the current power situation; what we are witnessing these
days/years are negotiations. Or did someone think that capitalism will
not digest nation-states?

Which is where I came in with my last post here. What would it take
to mobilize global networks to resist war that, whatever form it

There are no global networks, so there is nothing to mobilize. First
you have to build such networks (hint: you can't use ATT, Level3, NTT,
Telia, Chinacom, Google fiber, nor Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft
severs), and make the dominant ones less effective. It's not about
messaging, it's about medium.