Patrice Riemens on Thu, 1 Jun 2017 09:05:29 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> merkel, macron: europe on its own

On 2017-05-31 05:27, Morlock Elloi wrote:
> One has to look at the foundations of the current European
> relationships, beyond theatrical posturing and politbabble:
>
> Germany:   0 nukes
> UK:      215 nukes (5 operational)
> France:  300 nukes
> USA:    6800 nukes
> Russia: 7000 nukes
>
> Germany was and is effectively occupied after it lost the war, and is
> not going to do s*it without US permission.

Far more interesting than numbers (nukes are like LSD, after a certain
quantity no extra effect).

Far more interesting is what are their targets? 'Defense tous azimuts'
anyone? (the French defense plan that kept the country out of the
NATO, in effect if not in name). And then we have 'that orther'
nuclear country, its nukes, and their targets. No prize for guessing.
"The world used to be complicated, now it has become complex" wrote a
French geographer 10 years ago ...

Cheerio, 'go to sleep without worries' (Dutch PM, somewhere in the
late Thirties ...)

p+2D!