Geert Lovink on Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:38:26 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> update on the MoneyLab project

   Dear nettimers,

   here at the Institute of Network Cultures our network on internet
   revenue models for art (MoneyLab) is doing well. Last December we've
   hosted MoneyLab #3, in Amsterdam. The fourth event is scheduled for
   January 2018, this time in Cambridge (UK). We hope to announce
   something soon. MoneyLab is still into bitcoin, crypto-currencies,
   blockchain, but also critical crowdfunding research and larger debates
   such as cashless society and universal basic income. Late 2016 we will
   present the second INC MoneyLab Reader (the deadline for first drafts
   of essays is May 15, contact me if you're still interested to send
   something as the date for proposals has already past).

   If you're interested to join the network, please subscribe to the
   mailinglist. It is low traffic (2-3 posting a week):

   Let us know if you want to collaborate, have ideas about events and
   workshops, related debates and initiatives!

   Best, Geert

   ps. One of the regular items are link lists with relevant articles that
   we compile together. Here are some of the recent URLs, to give you an
   idea about the issues that MoneyLab deals with:

   How Onecoin Became One of the Biggest Scams in Crypto History
   http://bitsonline.com/onecoin-biggest-scam-history/
   Demonetization Roulette: India's unusual approach to creating a
   cashless economy
   http://paymentsviews.com/2017/03/28/demonetization-roulette-indias-unusual-approach-to-creating-a-cashless-economy/
   Demystifying India's Digital Payment Infrastructure
   http://paymentsviews.com/2017/03/23/demystifying-indias-digital-payment-infrastructure/
   Is Mobile Money Safe for Hackers?
   http://blog.mondato.com/mobile-money-hack
   ICO Irrationality? 300-million Gnosis Valuation Sparks Market Concerns
   http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-ico-irrationality-300-million-gnosis-valuation-sparks-market-concerns/

   Beach Boy Bitcoin
   https://medium.com/bitcoin-think/beach-boy-bitcoin-64f62bed4c7e
   Cheap monnies... hack bitcoin and get those coins!
   https://arxiv.org/pdf/1605.07524.pdf
   Financial Times published an article supportive of platform co-ops
   https://www.ft.com/content/beb85bdc-1f8e-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c
   Something to analyse: launch of IMF's fintech advisory board
   https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2017/03/15/pr1784-imf-managing-director-welcomes-establishment-of-high-level-advisory-group-on-fintec
   Meet Eva--The Horror of the Invisible Bank
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXaStS5UPVM&feature=youtu.be
   How Amir Taaki Tried to Build Bitcoin Economy in Syria While Fighting
   ISIS
   https://cointelegraph.com/news/how-amir-taaki-tried-to-build-bitcoin-economy-in-syria-while-fighting-isis
   Mondato on financial inclusion
   http://blog.mondato.com/financial-inclusion-eclipse-consumer-protection-concerns/
   Blockchains believers can make any claim, and there is no one there to
   object, lovely!
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iF73cybTBs&feature=youtu.be
   http://blockchain-documentary.com/
   Segwit vs. Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin's Fork Explained Simply
   https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-fork-segwit-vs-bitcoin-unlimited-explained-simply/
   Making Money-Promise and peril in the Indian bitcoin economy
   http://www.caravanmagazine.in/reportage/bitcoin-india-after-demonetisation
   Cashless Society: a Credible Death Threat to Privacy
   https://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2017/sessions/cashless-society-credible-death-threat-privacy
   Could Blockchain Put Money Back in Artists' Hands?
   https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-blockchain-money-artists-hands