William Waites on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 05:53:48 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Why I won't support the March for Science

> What it really needed for me to believe in the efficacy of science as a
> political force ...

When this event was advertised on a departmental mailing list here in
Edinburgh, it was specifically described to be "non-political". That struck
me as at best nonsensical but at the same time oddly revealing about
the current climate in this part of the world. Dangerous times, best keep
your head down, wait and see where the chips will fall etc.