KMV on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 05:50:57 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Why I won't support the March for Science

Exactly what I was thinking, Peter.

I marched on Saturday as well because I'd prefer that not only my kids
have a planet to live on, but one that has not seen even worse crises
of displacement thanks to drought and famine. I'd like to not see more
and more immigrants rounded up an put into detention camps. That number
is growing alarmingly. I'd like to not see increasing militarized
groups of Nazi thugs attacking demonstrators. And I'd like to not get
into a nuclear conflict with North Korea.

So I, and most of my friends, are resisting the current US govt. as
hard as we can using every channel, as well as making plans around
stockpiling non-perishables and potable water, getting passports in
order, etc.

Maybe all of you are taking some action to combat these kinds of things
in your own locales. I'd love to hear about it because frankly, I'm
exhausted and it would cheer me up.